Monday, November 30, 2015

Festivities Galore

I hope you haven't been looking to see if I've posted anything lately, Thanksgiving is a huge ordeal for my family and friends, it takes weeks to plan and cook and bake, or clean before and after guests.
and that is only the beginning of all the festivities, especially when you attend at least 3 Thanksgiving celebrations in 1 week! Yes! and there is still leftover's but it sure makes it easier to get prepared for the Christmas holiday, without having to stop and cook a lot.

Our Traditional Table Setting

I used to buy gifts barely a week before Christmas, and go out and shop, but since my Sister and Brother came along, I have found it more fun to order online and receive packages way in advance, and watch their faces as each one arrives and they start guessing what it is or who it's for, and then finally where I've hidden it in the house, sometimes I'll even wrap it by the first week of December and lay it out (mostly because I get tired of storing and hiding them) and they'll go stare at the growing pile shaking the gifts.   The worst part is that I've become the official "Wrapper" which I feel gets tedious after a while.
And of course as soon as December hits everyone waits to hear that snow is in the forecast, and speaking of which I have a card to share for Our Die Cut Diva's Challenge Blog, I can't believe it will already be December tomorrow.
Our theme is warm and cozy,
Here in Missouri you never know what to expect weather wise, but whatever we get,  we usually have plenty of Cocoa to keep up nice and toasty. And should we get a good snow the neighborhood streets will be lined with Snowman of all shapes and sizes, as well as an occasional snowball down your back or giving your face a whitewash, as someone rubs it all over you.
We are also very lucky to live right next to a park on a hill, for sledding purposes.

Materials for the Snowman Card
Stampendous SSC1184 Build a Snowman
Hero Arts Holiday Sayings
Copic Markers
Sizzix Snowflake embossing folder.




No comments: