Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pattern Play Homework

Ok so we are now on day 4 of class and I am way behind and stuck on day 2, so far day 2's instruction really stuck with me, and I'm having alot of fun with it but I need to move on and try the other techniques.
And I am in the process of making a bunch of cards for a ladies luncheon at our church as requested by the pastors wife Miss Marion, with a friendship theme so you are going to see alot of frienship cards from me (that is if I can get them actually posted ; ).

Day 2 of the class was all about stamping on patterned paper and making it look good, and stamping on something that already has a pattern can be pretty tricky, you have to find the right designs that go well together.

So here is my two cards:


                                                  Card 1
 
The first thing I did here was to choose my elements, my design was already picked out (inspired by Jennifer Mcguire) and I knew I was using the bird (since it was part of Jennifers design) the hardest part was and is picking papers, I finally chose a piece with pink dots, and I couldn't have my card looking exactly like hers so I had to choose a different stamp, it had to be something with lots of coverage but have enough room so you could see the contrast between the paper and the stamp.
 So after much thought I went with the horizantal stripes, which I stamped and embossed with clear powder to trap some of original color underneath, then I went over it with spun sugar distress ink.
The hardest part I found was picking another patterned piece to put with it, nothing seemed to go after I altered the paper till I found some green ribbon then I knew exactly which piece to use.
 
Materials
HA CG143 Horizontal lines
HA Cl351 Friends
Spun Sugar Distress Ink
Memory Box Meadow Bird Die
My Minds Eye The Sweetest Thing, Papers
 Green Ribbon
HA Diamond Gems

Card 2
This Card was very simple and quick, I chose a subtle hexagon pattern, to stamp and emboss, again embossing with clear powder to trap the original color.
Then I rubbed Squeezed Lemonade distress ink over the entire panel, pulled out some more green ribbon, and die cut some ovals with another pattern and plain white piece which I stamped my sentiment on, and adhered all the pieces together.

Materials
HA CL351 Friends
HA CG146 Flowing Flowers and Leaves
Spellbinder Nestabilities Ovals
My Minds Eye The Sweetest Thing, Paper
Studio Calico Here and There, Paper.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I'm off to catch up with my class now.
Hannah


2 comments:

Arlene said...

Both cards' pattern papers work out fantastically. Love that yellow bird, love it. And the background on card 2 is perfect. Love the subtle pattern.

GOOD WORK and PLAY!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.
I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .
. Anyhow, awesome site!

Also visit my blog post - outdoor sports photographer Gauteng