Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pattern Play Homework Day 4

Day 4 of class was all about altering the patterned paper, and there are so many endless ways to do that! So for my card here I just toned it down a bit.

I love this paper with all the birds, but it was so bright and I didn't really want focus on the background only, so I took my picket fence distress stain over the whole piece and just lightened it.
I also added faux stitching, I'd love to do the real thing but I don't have a prominent space for my sewing machine.
I die cut 3 small flowers and added gems to their centers, and stamped the sentiment on a strip of white cardstock, cutting the end to make a ribbon like accent, and added stitching to that as well.

Material list
HA CL351 Friends
HA Diamond Gems
TH Tattered Florals Bigz Die
DCVW The Green Stack (paper)

Hannah

No comments: