Monday, April 4, 2011

Requesting advice

Hello Readers,
I have a couple questions for you;

As some of you know I'd like to do scramble challenges here on my blog, but....my question is how do I go about it?  I know how frantic it can get trying to upload your cards in time, so would it be to hard to upload it to flickr then link it here on mr linky? and like I said before there would be no prizes, but the "winner" would be put in the spotlight, and recognized.

My other question is for you designers out there;  I'm looking to become a graphic designer and don't know where to begin, basically I'm looking for an online course, or class I could take and get a degree, for a decent price. Could you recomend a good place? if you are not a designer but know one who is please send them the link to this post.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Have a great day!

P.S. Forgive me for not commenting often on your blogs, I will try my best to do so in the future.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hannah,

First of all, ditch that Mr. Linky! InLinkz in far superior (and you know the owners)- hee-hee!

As to a good graphic design program, I've not been to one, but one of the greatest things you can do is scope out the web for free design instruction and start to learn now on your own. I did a search on Google and landed this: http://www.google.com/search?q=graphic+design+tutorials&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a (But most of these are for Photoshop users, etc).

So I tried "Graphic Design Basics" and got this: http://www.google.com/search?q=graphic+design+tutorials&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=kjW&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=graphic+design+basics&revid=549111878&sa=X&ei=BBWlTfu4Guri0gHi2_H2CA&ved=0CG0Q1QIoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=5e447450a6ad570e - much better results. Here's a very good tutorial (and I think you may recognize some of the items it's talking about): http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/graphicdesign/a/designbasics_2.htm

Do you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?

Unknown said...

Lol Deborah, I would be using Inlinkz, but was under the impression it costs since Vicky sayed I could get 2 months free. Thanks for the links they will come in handy! I do have Photoshop, but still mastering how to use it 8~) I'm going to go ahead and email you my reply, since I don't know if you will come back and see my reply