Friday, April 6, 2018

Evolution of a Note Card

When I first got into card making it started with a few small woodblock stamps, and one inkpad set of colorbox pigments from Michaels, obviously I didn't have a lot of options to create and little variety in what I did make, but starting out small allowed me to learn and improve and try new things

Here is a look at my first card, when I started posting about them
At this point 9 years ago I had improved and my stamp and ink collection was beginning to grow, the bouquet was stamped in black and I colored it in with just my roseart markers, and having acquired some embellishments I also added a few pearl accents.
These days acrylic stamps have become very popular, and usually come in sets allowing you to get more out of your stamps and to mix and match,

Today I want to show you just how easy it is to make a simple notecard, with very little supplies, 
In this picture I have one acrylic stamp set and one blank notecard precut and folded to an A2 card size which is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches or exactly half of a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 inch cardstock paper folded.
inking up my chosen stamp
and stamping has begun
by stamping the same image repeatedly at different angles, I created a simple notecard to be used for any occasion.



Because there is no incorrect way for the image to be placed, this allows for you have a top fold or side fold, whichever you prefer. This card is good to go!

OR...


Step this up a little by adding one more stamp and another color
while the other card doesn't look bad, this really adds to it, don't you think?



Lets now take this one step even further. Now we are going to add a layer of a blue piece of cardstock,

but first we have to cut it a 1/4 inch smaller then our folded notecard, at 4 x 5 1/4 inches
and a piece of white cardstock a 1/4 inch smaller than the blue at 3 3/4 x 5 inches (this is what we are going to stamp on)
Supplies ready!

Now that we are adding another piece of paper we need adhesive to hold it all together, 
using an adhesive runner or "gun" drag it around all the edges and maybe a dash or 2 in the center for good measure.
Almost there, now to add some stamps!

we ready to adhere the final layer, add some adhesive to the back of the stamped panel....
and voila!

All you need is 1 stamp or stamp set, some ink and paper, and you are ready to create any occasion notecards to mail out with not only a note inside but your own personal touch.


I hope this post was helpful and inspiring to your creative side, I would love to help you get started!
just click the tab called my CTMH shop, and it will direct you to some great products to get you started. Please  contact me if you have any questions either in the comments below or using the contact form at my online shop.

Thanks for stopping by!












No comments: